We got 2-3 complaints from our reader regarding iPhone is stuck on ‘Patching Kernel’ screen while jailbreaking. We also faced the similar issue on one of our iDevice too. If you are stuck on same don’t worry and just follow a simple trick mentioned right after the image.
Step 1 : Turn off your phone with hard reset method.
- Press-hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously.
- Continue holding both buttons until the iPhone shuts off.
Step 2 : Enter in to recovery mode by following steps.
- Make sure your phone is turned off as directed in step 1, now hold down the home button.
- While holding down the home button connect your iPhone to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
- Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-iTunes screen. You are now in recovery mode.
Step 3 : Now Escape recovery mode with hard reboot method.
- To escape Recovery Mode and power the phone off simply hold down power and home buttons for ten seconds.
This trick worked for me and we hope it works for you. In any case if you stuck on Apple logo then do a DFU + Restore and the jailbreak your phone again.
How to put your iPhone in DFU mode :
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
- If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.
- Now restore your iPhone to iOS 6.1 and try to jailbreak your phone once again.