There are numerous websites on the Internet, which state that they can “Factory Unlock” your iPhone from AT&T and other networks. However, not all the unlocking websites are the same as a lot of them simply call up customer service from the network that your iPhone is locked to, use another customer’s account /name, after which charge you for something that is practically FREE. This might be the cheapest way to do it BUT please be warned that getting your iPhone Unlocked through sites like these, carries the risk of it being Re-locked again by the network at a later stage once they find out that it’s been done illegally and without authorization from the actual account owner. We have had numerous visitors confused by this and this guide it simply to help the ones who don’t know the difference.
If you are looking to have your iPhone unlocked for life, what you need is a “Permanent Factory Unlock solution”. After doing our due diligence, a site that we have found to be reliable and trustworthy is officialunlocks.com .We can confirm that their unlocks are NOT done by calling customer service of a specific network as they actually have their direct servers linked with the Network / Apple. Because of this “direct setup”, they can Factory Unlock your iPhone even if it’s still under contract! We have also cross-checked with a few other forum members on their authenticity and they have been highly recommended. Along with AT&T iPhone’s, they can also Factory Unlock iPhones from TELUS,KOODO, ROGERS , FIDO –Canada and a bunch of other European networks too.
After getting your iPhone 5 , 4S , 4 , 3GS Factory unlocked through them , you will be able to use any carrier, any plan , in any country. Their unlocking process is legal and 100% genuine plus you’ll be able to upgrade to any future firmware without fear/risk of getting locked again. They support all firmware and baseband including iOS 6. Please note that this is not a cheap Temporary Software Unlock or a Gevey SIM / Hardware Mod
We have managed to get a snapshot of few of their prices as mentioned below.
- AT&T USA – $50 (Includes iPhone 5 along with the 4S, 4, 3GS)
- TELUS CANADA – $90 (Includes iPhone 3GS , 4 , 4S)
- ROGERS, FIDO CANADA – $150 (Includes iPhone 5)
- How to place your order :
- Launch the OfficialUnlocks web portal
- Click on “Proceed as Guest” OR SignUp for an account on the top right section of the
- Once logged in , Type your 15 digit IMEI number (Type *#06# on youriPhone keypad).
- Choose the appropriate unlock option from the drop down menu (AT&T USA, TELUS CANADA, etc.).
- Select the brand as Apple, and your iPhone model (iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS).
- Fill out the rest of the form
- Proceed to payment and that’s it
Disclaimer : We at iHackintosh are an affiliate to OfficialUnlocks.com and we can personally verify their authenticity.