Jailbreak iOS 6 GM With Redsn0w (Tethered)
Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 to Tethered Jailbreak iOS 6 GM running on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch 4 on Windows & Mac OS.
Warning : This is a tethered jailbreak, every time your iPhone or iPod touch reboots or the battery dies, you have to connect (tether) your iOS device back to your PC / Mac so that the hardware can boot with the aid of the jailbreak application aka Redsn0w.
If you need unlock, note that currently ultrasn0w will not work on iOS 6 so it is advisable to stick with iOS version that you have.
- Connect your iDevice to the PC / Mac and launch Redsn0w.
- Now press the Extras, then Select IPSW and select the IPSW iOS 6 GM and click Next. redsn0w will implement the exploit. After selecting the correct IPSW, click the Back button to return to the main menu.
- Now from the main screen, select ‘Jailbreak” option to start the process. Redsn0w will present you with onscreen instructions on how to enter your device into DFU mode.
- Press the button and hold power 3 seconds;
- without releasing the power button and press the Home button 10 seconds;
- after passing the 10 seconds release the Power button and the phone should already be in DFU mode and redsn0w will start to implement the exploit.
If everything worked and was implemented jailbreak redsn0w then you should you should display the Finish button.
- If all goes well you should have a jailbroken iDevice but unfortunately "fun" does not stop there. Your terminal is jailbroken but tethered jailbreak so you have to boot in tethered mode and you can use your terminal.
- Return to main screen of Redsn0w, click on the "Extras" button on screen and then simply click on "Just Boot Tethered" option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- That’s it.