Guide : Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and 4S without jailbreak
Michael Capozzi found an interesting bug in iOS 5, allow anyone to unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Unlock method presented last night seems to work for some iPhone owners who bought with AT & T in the U.S. Unlock method is based on an iOS 5 bug and the video below shows the entire procedure.
Folks from Gizmodo confirms that some owners of iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S purchased from AT & T GSM version were able to unlock their phones using this method. Following are the instructions for iOS 5.
Instructions to Unlock iPhone :
1. Insert the original carrier AT & T SIM card
2. Dial 611 for AT & T customer service hotline and drop the call
3. Turn on Airplane Mode
4. Take out the SIM card AT & T
5. Insert T-Mobile SIM card
6. Make sure WiFi is off (also on tap "Forget this Network" to make sure it Does not connect automatically side)
7. Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone Will search for network. This is the Apple splash screen FOLLOWED BY appearing.
8. Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
9. Will EDGE network automatically activated – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
10. Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
11. Turn on the iPhone and the Same Activation Required screen will be displayed
12. When you see one signal bar, tap on Doors Cellular Connection
13. Eject the SIM card
14. Activation Required screen displayed will be the second time
15. Insert SIM card