How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3, 4.3.1 with Pwnage Tool | Untethered
iPhone Dev-Team has just released a much awaited version of pwnage tool, which brings us to version 0.9.6rc7, which allows us to untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1 & Apple TV 2 (Black), no support for iPad 2 at the moment. Musclenerd also hinted that, wonder kid “comex” is working hard to exploit iPad 2.
- iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Latest version of iTunes (download here)
- iOS 4.3, 4.3.1 IPSW saved on your computer (download here)
- Pwnage Tool (download here)
- Create a folder on your Desktop named ‘iHackintosh’ and place all required files you downloaded earlier.
- Launch PwnageTool and connect your iDevice via USB. This opens a pop-up with the copyright information, click OK to get started.
- Click the Advanced Mode button and then select your device, click on the blue arrow at bottom right to continue.
- Now Pwnage Tool will detect the appropriate firmware for you.
- Click on “General” and begin the customization, now pwnage tool will ask you if you are with an official carrier or unofficial carrier.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to “Unlock Baseband”, therefore you can click on YES
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then check “Activate the phone” So you can enjoy Ultrasn0w, Click on NO
- in this screen you can add the repository in Cydia, and then install all the applications you want, so that when you put custom firmware on your iPhone you will have it already full of applications. Enter the section “Manage Sources” and add the repository of your choice. Note : this step is optional, you can continue without adding any package. Moving forward on the “Set Own Package” go ahead.
- Now select the word Create! in red and move on. This will open a window through which you will be informed that the custom firmware is downloaded to the desktop or in case your firmware is located in a different folder, you can choose the path.
- It will create the custom firmware, you will be prompted for the password of the system. At the end of the procedure, connect the phone to your Mac.
- Once your ipsw has been built you will be asked to connect your iPhone to the computer. Once it detects your device Pwnage Tool will guide your through the steps to putting your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Once your iPhone is successfully achieve DFU mode, Pwnage Tool will prompt you to launch iTunes.
- Hold the Alt/Option key and click Restore.
- Navigate to your desktop using the dialog window that appears. Select the custom IPSW that was created and click the Choose button.
- iTunes will now restore the firmware on your iPhone. This can also take up to 10 minutes. Once done you will be rebooted into jailbroken iOS 4.3, 4.3.1
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, You can join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, you can also subscribe to our free once in a day e-mail news letter to get all the latest updates on Apple related hacks and news directly in your Inbox. Which will provide you with all the news before anyone else knew about it.