Earlier today we reported that cupertino giants released iOS 4.3.2 in answer to infamous issues with FaceTime calls and issues with iPad WiFi + 3G connectivity. We also advised to Gevey SIM / Rebel SIM / Ultrasn0w unlock and jail breakers to stay away from the iOS 4.3.2, until iPhone Dev team release any tool but some of you may updated to iOS 4.3.2
Following are the instructions to downgrade your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad running on iOS 4.3.2 to a lower firmware version i.e. iOS 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.1 or 4.2, just make sure that you have had saved your Cydia SHSH for the firmware you want to revert back
Download Required :
- First of all open TinyUmbrella and close immediately, this will modify your hosts file automatically.
- Launch Tiny Umbrella again and connect your device.
- Click the Start button TSS Server (iTunes will close automatically)
- Open iTunes and click Restore + Windows Shift or Restore + Option key on Mac.
- Select the firmware you want to downgrade i.e. iOS 4.3.1 or lower for iPhone 4 etc.
- Restore process will take 10-15 minutes, do not close Tiny Umbrella.
- If all went well, you can go to Tiny Umbrella and press Stop TSS Server.
After restore process if you encountered an error message like 1011, 1013 or 1015 just ignore them(Actually the firmware is already installed). To exit recovery mode simply press TinyUmbrella “kick device out of recovery mode” button. Wait until your device restarts, if you are still in recovery mode then put your iDevice in DFU mode and restore once again, following are the instructions to put your iDevice in DFU mode
- Connect your iDevice to your computer.
- Turn your iDevice off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iDevice.
- If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU, so follow the process once again.
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, You can join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, you can also subscribe to our free once in a day e-mail news letter to get all the latest updates on Apple related hacks and news directly in your Inbox. Which will provide you with all the news before anyone else knew about it.