DjayB6 released iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 pwnage tool bundle, with a little workaround in pwnage tool 4.2 you can update your already pwned iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3 GM. Procedure is little tricky, you have to add bundle file to the Dev Team pwnage tool for Mac, that will enable support for custom firmware. This solution is based on an old jailbreak method available for beta versions that require you to do a custom ramdisk, a custom ipsw and use a specific application to remove the terminal in tethered mode. Jailbreak your device is tethered close so if you need to run a program to restart your iDevice. If you are interested to test your own risk using the steps below.
- Login to your developer account and download the software GM
- Download PwnageTool
- Download pwnage tool bundle (unzip it)
- Download ramdisk fixer and install it.
Instructions to add custom bundles :
- Download the iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 GM bundle and unzip to your desktop or where ever you want.
- Right-click the Mouse on PwnageTool and click on “Show Package Contents”
- Then enter “Contents” then “Resources” and finally “Firmware Bundles”.
- Move the iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.zip to the Firmware Bundles folder and close the folder.
Launch PwnageTool (now supported for iOS 4.3 GM) and proceed normally with the construction of custom firmware, you can take a reference from our previous guide to Jailbreak iPhone With Pwnage Tool (Mac). This way, Mac users can jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3 GM while preserving their baseband.