As expected, Apple has released the seventh major upgrade to Mac OS X Snow Leopard. The update can be downloaded now (313MB) from the updates section on your Mac, or via direct download from Apple. This update is designed to solve general problems, improve performance of certain sectors of the operating system and, above all, aims to solve the problems encountered in the MacBook Pro early 2011.
Update for Mac OS X 10.6.7 MacBook Pro is recommended for all MacBook Pro models released in early 2011. It includes general operating system fixes for Mac OS X Snow Leopard which increase the stability, compatibility, performance and security of your Mac, including:
- Improving the reliability of the “Back to My Mac
- Solve a problem when transferring files to some server SMB
- Resolution of problems under Mac App Store
- Resolution of minor issues relating to the performance of FaceTime
- Improving the stability of the graphics card and compatibility with external displays