iPhone Dev team just released classic jailbreak method, Pwnage tool. Latest version of pwnage tool supports untethered jailbreak for iPhone3G, iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone 4 – Verizon, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G, iPad and Apple TV 2G (black). Advantage of pwnage tool over Greenpois0n is it’s baseband preservation ability, pwnage tool preserve your current baseband while updating to latest firmware, so you can enjoy ultrasn0w unlock.
- iPhone3G, iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone 4 – Verizon, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G, iPad and Apple TV 2G (black).
- Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard
- iOS 4.2.1 Firmware for your iDevice
- Pwnage Tool Download Here
Step One). Download the required files and make a folder on Desktop called “iHackintosh” or whatever you want and put the Firmware 4.2.1 for your respective iDevice and Pwnage tool in iHackintosh folder.
Step Two). Close all other running programs and launch Pwnage tool.
Step Three). Choose your Mode, Simple Mode or Expert Mode
- Simple Mode – Which provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
- Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the various different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in expert mode it will make the same
In the following post we used Simple mode.
Step Four). In the next window click and select your iDevice. A big green check-mark will appear over the image of the device you selected. Once you selected the device model then click the blue arrow button at bottom to continue.
Step Five). Pwnage tool automatically find the eligible firmware just like the screen shot below.
Step Six). Now pwnage tool will ask you if you are with an official carrier or unofficial carrier.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to “Unlock Baseband”, therefore you can click on YES
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then check “Activate the phone” So you can enjoy Ultrasn0w, Click on NO
Step Seven). You will be asked to save your custom .ipsw file. Save it to your folder you created on your Desktop.
- Your IPSW is not being built. Please allow up to 10 minutes.
- You will be asked to enter your administrator password. Do this then click the OK button.
Step Eight). Once your ipsw has been built you will be asked to connect your iPhone to the computer. Once it detects your device Pwnage Tool will guide your through the steps to putting your iPhone into DFU mode.
Step Nine). Once your iPhone is successfully in DFU mode, Pwnage Tool will prompt you to launch iTunes.
Step Ten). Once In iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and click Restore.
Step Eleven). Navigate to your desktop using the dialog window that appears. Select the custom IPSW that was created and click the Choose button.
Step Twelve). iTunes will now restore the firmware on your iPhone. This can also take up to 10 minutes. Once done you will be rebooted into jailbroken iOS 4.1!
Note : This procedure is tested by many iPhone users but we are not responsible for any damage. Do this at your own risk, and if you have any problem, question feel free to ask us on twitter also you can subscribe our free daily e-mail newsletter to keep yourself updated with the latest of iPhone community.