How to Install Skype on Ubuntu 11.04 Linux
Skype for Linux was introduced in November 2007 with limited features. Latest release of Skype for Linux comes with High Quality Video and super wideband audio that have been exciting features of Windows and Mac versions. Today I show you how to install it on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal . The process is not complicated , and we will do everything using a terminal.
- First install the dependencies, with the command
sudo apt-get install libqt4-dbus libqt4-network libqt4-xml libasound2
- Now download our Skype. For operating systems 32- bit by typing
cd / tmp wget http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-beta-ubuntu-32
- While for 64-bit systems we type
cd / tmp wget http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-beta-ubuntu-64
- Time (procedure common to both 32-bit and 64 bit) installed Skype with the command
sudo dpkg-i skype-*. deb
- to install and finish the installation of Skype.
sudo apt-get -f install
[Via LinuxTips ]