Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 1 to Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1
iPhone Dev team released the very first beta version of Redsn0w 0.9.7 for iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak. Please read the guide two three times before attempting any try with your iDevice.
Warning / Note :
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- iOS 4.2.1 firmware and iOS 4.2 Beta 3 firmware files on your desktop.
- Redsn0w0.9.7 beta 1
Step 1.) You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away with final release).
- Get usbmuxd source package and unpack, launch the terminal.app
- Go into folder python-client
- chmod +x tcprelay.py
- Run ./tcprelay.py -t 22:222
Step Two.) Launch Redsn0w 0.9.7 B1 and select the file 4.2.1 ipsw firmware by clicking the browse button, Redsn0w will identify the firmware and start a quick process to patching kernels etc.
Step 3.) Now click “Next” and select “Jailbreak Monte” option, and Redsn0w will redirect you to browse and select iOS 4.2 beta 3.Step 4.) Now turn off your iDevice but make sure it is still plugged in to USB port, then click next to proceed the next step is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Step 5.) To put your iPhone in to DFU mode follow the onscreen instructions as follows Hold the Power button for 3 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the Power button and continuing holding the Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode.
Step 6.) If all goes well, then you will be greeted by a success message otherwise you will be prompted to do the steps again from Step Five.
For more news on this project or many other stuff Make Sure to subscribe to our free once in a day e-mail news letter to get all the Latest updates on Apple related hacks and news directly in your Inbox. Which will provide you with all the news before anyone else knew about it. You can also join us on Facebook and Twitter.