Earlier today we told you that Dev Team releases Ultrasn0w 1.2 Unlock for iOS 4.2.1 it turned out that in order to unlock iOS 4.2.1 you need to update your baseband with iPad baseband. if you are stuck on Baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 you can update your baseband to 06.15.00 with pwnage tool or redsn0w and enjoy the Ultrasn0w unlock.
Following is a step by step guide to update your baseband to 06.15.00 with pwnage tool. Pwnage tool is available for Mac OS only, if you are looking for a Windows solution then check our Guide to Update Baseband 06.15.00 With Redsn0w
Tethered vs Untethered
- iPhone 3G are untethered up to iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone 3GS old with bootrom are untethered up to iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom are untethered up to iOS 4.1
- Pwnage Tool 4.1.3 Unlock Edition (Torrent) (Direct Download 1) ( )
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3GS
- iOS iPad 3.2.2
Step One. download all required files and move it to your Desktop.
Step Three. Pwnage tool Seek the IPSW Firmware 4.2.1 / 4.1 on your iPhone 3G / 3GS, you have saved to your Desktop.
Step Four. A new pop-up will ask if you want to update the baseband or not.
- If your current baseband is version 05.14 or 05.15 you must click YES
- If you are not interested in updating your baseband then click NO.
Step Five. Now pwnage tool will search your desktop for iOS 3.2.2 firmware for iPad.
Step Six. Now pwnage tool will ask you if you are with an official carrier or unofficial carrier.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to "Unlock Baseband", therefore you can click on YES
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then check “Activate the phone” So you can enjoy Ultrasn0w, Click on NO
Step Seven). You will be asked to save your custom .ipsw file. Save it to your Pwnage folder you created on your Desktop.
- Your IPSW is not being built. Please allow up to 10 minutes.
- You will be asked to enter your administrator password. Do this then click the OK button.
Step Eight). Once your ipsw has been built, Pwnage Tool will guide your through the steps to putting your iPhone into DFU mode.
Step Nine). Once your iPhone is successfully in DFU mode, Pwnage Tool will prompt you to launch iTunes.
Step Ten). To select custom firmware, hold the Alt/Option key and click Restore.
Step Eleven). Navigate to your desktop using the dialog window that appears. Select the custom IPSW that was created and click the Choose button.
Step Twelve). iTunes will now restore the firmware on your iPhone. This can also take up to 10 minutes. Once done you will be rebooted into jailbroken iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1 with baseband 06.15.00
Note : This procedure is tested by me and many iPhone users but we are not responsible for any damage. Do this at your own risk, and if you have any problem, question feel free to ask us on twitter also you can subscribe our free daily e-mail newsletter to keep yourself updated with the latest of iPhone community.