Guide to Update Baseband 06.15.00 With Redsn0w
Earlier today iPhone Dev Team released redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 with a new functionality to update your iPhone baseband with iPad baseband and then unlock with Ultrasn0w 1.2 If you unfamiliar with all this process then we recommend you to go through Dev Team releases Ultrasn0w 1.2 Unlock for iOS 4.2.1 and Upgrade iPhone 3G, 3GS Baseband 06.15.00 with PwnageTool Unlock Edition
Following are the instructions to update your iPhone baseband to 06.15.00 with Redsn0w on Windows and Mac. Images in this guide depict the method on a Mac, but of course procedure is the same on Windows.
- Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 ( ) ( )
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3GS
- iOS iPad 3.2.2
WARNING: If you are still on firmware 4.1 then don’t update your iPhone to 4.2.1 and follow our guide to Upgrade iPhone 3G, 3GS Baseband 06.15.00 with PwnageTool Unlock Edition. If you are already on 4.2.1 then you’ll have a tethered jailbreak for iPhone 3GS new bootrom.
- iPhone 3G are untethered up to iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone 3GS old with bootrom are untethered up to iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom are untethered up to iOS 4.1
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom are tethered with iOS 4.2.1
1. If you have not already done so, update your device with iTunes to firmware 4.2.1 just downloaded.
2. RedSn0w 0.9.6b5 Start from the first screen and select the file. ipsw firmware 4.2.1 on clicking the browse button, and after that the program has identified the firmware and start a quick process
Note for Windows User: Run the program in "Administrator Mode" by clicking the right mouse button on. exe.
3. From the next screen select "Install Cydia" and "Install iPad baseband" and then click again on Next.
You will be warned again with a notice which describes very clearly the drawbacks of updating your baseband.
4. When redsn0w ask you to enter in DFU mode, follow the onscreen instructions and your device will be properly jailbreak in seconds.
Now your iPhone is jailbroken, but still locked, to unlock the phone simply install Ultrasn0w 1.2 through Cydia. Follow our guide to Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS Baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 with Ultrasn0w.
Note : This procedure is tested by me and many other iPhone users but we are not responsible for any damage. Do this at your own risk, and if you have any problem, question feel free to ask us on twitter also you can subscribe our free daily e-mail newsletter to keep yourself updated with the latest of iPhone community.