As you can see, Apple released iOS 4.2 and the most noticeable new feature is free version of Find my iPhone. The function Find my iPhone (or iPod touch or iPad) can now be used for free without a subscription to MobileMe and helps users find the lost device.
- Update your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to iOS 4.2 (coming later today)
- Go into Settings: Mail, Contacts Calendars
- Tap Add Account
- Tap MobileMe
- Enter your Apple ID (iTunes Store ID, Apple Online Store ID, etc.)
- Verify your account via email
- Go back to Settings: Mail, Contacts, Calendars: MobileMe
- Turn on Find my iPhone
- Tap Allow
- Download the Find my iPhone app from the App Store [iTunes link] or go to me.com and give it a try.