As expected FaceTime is hacked to work over 3G instead of WiFi with in first 24 hours of iPhone 4 jailbreak release. Credits goes to RockYourPhone team who updated a package named My3G over the RockYourPhone store. My3G make Apps believe that they are on WiFi instead of 3G very similar to 3G Unrestrictor available in Cydia. My3G allows you to go around the iPhone’s limitations while on 3G/EDGE like no VoIP, no downloading of files bigger than 10MB from the AppStore or iTunes Store, low quality YouTube videos and no Sling player. It allows those things by tricking applications into believing they are on WiFi, even though they are on 3G or EDGE.
Note : My3G is available to download from RockYourPhone price of $ 3.99. At the moment RockMy3G is available in RockYourApp Store only, and we may expect a Cydia release with in 2-6 hours because package is already submitted to Modmyi repo.
Features of RockMy3G :
– In-App popup request to enable/never ask for My3G to be enabled for that app
– In-App indicator when My3G changes the network from 3G to WiFi
– Ability to select which apps are My3G enabled and not.
– Default Apps – no configuration for the most popular apps!
– SBSettings Toggle! You can temporarily enable My3G for all apps or toggle back using your defined Apps list
– Dynamic enablement – Higher success rate (near 100%) then 3G Unrestrictor (which does one off solutions for apps). My3G enables 3G indicators more dynamically.