My friends usually ask for my iPhone, pretending they want to “see it”. I never mind that at all, but most of them have a bad habit to go through my Photos, SMS or E-mail like personal stuff, without even asking once. I don’t mind to pass my iPhone, but some things are personal that i don’t want to share with anyone else. You also might not want to share some of your personal data like Email App, Messages, Contacts, Call history, browser history, etc.
Unfortunately the iPhone does not provide us a function to set a password for individual apps. Here we go for the reason #985645 to jailbreak, protecting individual iPhone apps. Once again Thanks to the Jailbreak Community where iPhone users can enjoy the App-Specific password protection. Locktopus, available in Cydia has the ability to Password protect your desired application on iPhone. Locktopus works like a charm on iOS 4.X.X and easy as 1 2 3. Locktopus is developed by @GoJohnnyBoi & @c_axis and the app is available in Cydia store with a little price tag of $2.
Installation Instructions :
To install Locktopus, you need to jailbreak your iPhone first. Learn how to jailbreak your iPhone:
Once you have jailbroken your iPhone. You’ll got a Cydia icon on your SpringBoard.
- Launch the Cydia.
- Go to Search Tab and search for Locktopus and tap it.
- Tap Purchase button at Top-Right and then proceed to purchase option.
- After a successful purchase hit button at Top-Right to begin installation.
- Once installation finishes, cydia will ask you for restart springboard.
How to use Locktopus :
- After respring when you access your springboard for the first time, you will be greeted with welcome message that, your default password is password and you can change in settings. This password will be used to unlock any locked application.
- Once you have setup the Password and safety code, go back to iPhone home screen. Now press and hold any of the app until it shakes.
- Now you can lock / unlock any application you want, a Lock button will appear. By tapping that button your selected application will be locked and a little lock icon will appear next to that locked application.
- Now if you and try to open the locked application (Mail app in this example), you will be prompted to enter the password to open it. Use your Locktopus password to open that App.
- That’s it.
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.