Finally wait is over and jailbreak for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1 is available in the wild and needless to mention this is the most easiest procedure to jailbreak. All you need to go to jailbreakme.com and slide to jailbreak. Needless to say that jailbreakme uses an exploit easily solved by Apple with a firmware release very soon, so it’s better to save your SHSH so you can stay on OS 4.0.1 as long as you want. Following are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone using the Jailbreakme right on your iPhone 3GS.
Things to know about jailbreakme jailbreak:
- Jailbreakme is a browser based jailbreak for iPod touch, iPod touch 2G, iPod touch 3G with iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1
- Jailbreakme does not include a carrier unlock.
- Jailbreakme requires your device to be activated or hacktivated, if you aren’t you are out of luck.
- Jailbreakme requires your device on 3G service or WiFi connectivity.
2. Once your page loads swipe your finger across "Slide to jailbreak", very similar to "Slide to unlock" what we perform daily by LockScreen to access the springboard of our device.
3. Now wait and watch while your device will begin to download the data necessary to execute the jailbreak procedure.
4. Once the download is complete, the words come out "Jailbreaking Sit Tight. "
5. Wait a few seconds while installation finishes and a new popup will warn that Cydia icon is added on the springboard.
that’s it now enjoy your jailbroken iPhone
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.