As you know iOS 4 jailbreak for iPhone 3GS is possible with Pwnage Tool on Mac (Instructions here) and on Windows with Sn0wbreeze (Instructions here). One of the drawbacks of the both applications is inability to restore custom firmwares with Spirit jailbroken iPhone. Now it’s possible to restore modified firmwares with those Spirit jailbroken iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom). All you need is to install a little patch called “Spirit2Pwn” from Cydia.
Warning VIA iH8sn0w: New Bootrom users MUST NOT install Spirit2Pwn. It flashes the NOR for old bootroms! You may go into a DFU loop. STAY AWAY
- You must be on iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) and Spirit Jailbroken 3.1.3
- Open Cydia and add the source –> http://repo.woowiz.net
- Now search for –> Spirit2Pwn.
- Install Spirit2Pwn and reboot the device.
- Now follow Pwnage Tool on Mac (Instructions here) or Windows with Sn0wbreeze (Instructions here)
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.