iH8sn0w released the updated version of Sn0wbreeze aka pwnage tool for windows. With Sn0wbreeze you can jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS (with old iBoot) and iPod Touch 2G. Dev team already released unlock for all firmwares since OS 3.0 up to iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w, for more information check our previous guide to Unlock Baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 5.13.04 With Ultrasn0w, in order to install UltraSn0w unlock on iPhone 3G, you need to first jailbreak your iPhone. So here is a step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone 3G using RedSn0w for Windows and Mac users.
Am i good enough for Sn0wbreeze or not ?
- I am on iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1 Redsn0wed : You are in
- I am on iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1/3.1/3.1.2/ iOS 4 GM Pwned : You are in
- I am on iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 Spirit : Stay Away and Wait
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32 or 64bit)
- Sn0wbreeze V 1.6 Download Here [Fast Direct Link]
- iPhone 3GS iOS 4 Final Firmware Download Here
- iTunes 9.2 Download Here
- . NET Framework 3.5 Download Here
Guide to Jailbreak With Sn0wbreeze
Step 1. Download the required files and make a folder on Desktop called “iHackintosh” or whatever you want and put the Firmware iOS 4 and Sn0wbreeze tool in iHackintosh folder. Launch Sn0wbreeze ( Windows Vista/7 user start the application in administrator mode) and connect your iPhone via USB to your PC.
Step 2. Click on the arrow to go to the next step, we now have to choose between Easy or Expert mode.
- Simple Mode – Which provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
- Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the various different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in expert mode it will make the same.
Step 3. At this point we have to choose the firmware to select, then click on“Browse” and find the firmware we downloaded earlier and click Open.After selecting the firmware application automatically detect the device on which will go to jailbreak, then go ahead.
Step 4. Going in order, click on “General” and advanced once again. At this point, if you make a Jailbreak iPhone, the application asks us if we activate our iPhone.
Step 5. Now we must choose how Unlocks for your iPhone.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to Unlock Baseband, select NO.
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then Select YES
When you finish choosing options suited to you, go ahead. Sn0wbreeze will not update the baseband so you baseband firmware 4.0 with the previous one.
Step 6. In next screen you have a choice to install Cydia or Rock or both, if you’d like to take my advice install Cydia only.
Step 7. It ’s time to choose the packages to be included in your firmware. We can choose between:
- Repository pre-added;
- Manually add a repository (currently this feature is not available);
- Add. Deb that you have on your computer.
We’re done with all the customizations! We can now proceed to create the firmware, click on “Build IPSW”Now we have to wait a few minutes to create the firmware and complete procedure can close the application.
Step 8. Now put your phone in DFU/Recovery mode [we suggest for DFU mode].
to put your iPhone in recovery mode :
- Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
- Hold down the home button.
- While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
- Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-iTunes screen You are now in recovery mode.
to put your iPhone in DFU mode :
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
- If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.
Step 9. Open up iTunes and you will see a warning message which is communicated to you that you have connected an iPhone in recovery mode, click OK and move on.
Step 10. Then click on the Shift key on your keyboard, and simultaneously with the mouse on the Restore button in iTunes. Browse the firmware you just created.
Step 11. Wait for iTunes to complete all procedures for extracting, testing and repair of your iPhone / iPod Touch. We’re done!
After a successful jailbreak follow our guide on Unlocking iPhone 3GS with UltraSn0w. After jailbreaking follow this guide to Unlock Baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 5.13.04 With Ultrasn0w.
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.