Spirit, the universal tool for the jailbreak of all devices, including the iPad, has just been released. Spirit is available for both Windows and Mac. The untethered jailbereak works with activated (carrier unlocked) iPhone OS running versions 3.1.2, 3.1.3 for iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod 2G/3G and 3.2 for iPad. As for the iPadYou can download the tool available for Windows and Mac directly from spiritjb.com Spirit iPad jailbreak is in beta version and a few packages from Cydia may cause problems in the device.
● Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
● Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
● If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
● Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
● An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
● Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
● Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.