It appears that in America have already been released some updates to Android Froyo 2.2 for Nexus One. The update comes over the air and was confirmed for many users. Initial reports suggest Froyo 2.2 system is much faster than Eclair 2.1 and everything is much more responsive. At the moment there is no evidence for rest of world update arrived. A few hours by the update it comes to light only few Americans Nexus One, comes the opportunity to update to 2.2 Froyo for all phones Nexus. Guide to follow
Guide to Flash Froyo 2.2 on Nexus One
You can manually apply today’s update to your Nexus One.
- Download the update from mirror). (Google official) or here (
- Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you’re using Windows, just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it’s already a zipped file.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
- With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
- You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
- On the next screen, select "Recovery."
- Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
- Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.
[VIA Android Central]