Spirit jailbreak is just around the corner, chpwn is working on GUI and as soon as he finishes his work spirit will be available in the wild. As soon as Spirit is released, Apple would repair the vulnerable spot in its own operating system, however, immediately and provide an update for both device families. iPhone Dev-Team strongly advised to keep your SHSH certificates on the server or locally via Saurik Firmware Umbrella. For iPad recommend using Umbrella, because or there might be problems with queries. Following are the guides for saving your iPhone / iPad SHSH.
- Save Your iPad 3.2 ECID SHSH Files to Secure Your Jailbreak
- Getting 3.1.3 SHSH Signature Files for Your iPhone Running on 3.1.2
Things to know about spirit jailbreak:
- Spirit is an untethered jailbreak.
- Spirit works on all devices. (However, the redsn0w and PwnageTool flows will continue to work on those devices they’ve always worked on)
- Spirit does not include a carrier unlock. (Please don’t bug @comex about that)
- Spirit requires your device to be activated or hacktivated