The redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA is a first jailbreak for the development version of iPhone OS 4.0 released last week. The newly released version is still full of bugs and not intended for the end user. The beta version is only for iPhone Jailbreak Apps programmers to test their applications to correct under OS 4. Read the note / warning section carefully before attempting a install of OS 4 on your iPhone.
Note / Warnings :
- Redsn0w 0.5 is available for iPhone 3G and Mac OS only.
- You should be a registered Apple developer or your iPhone UDID should be registered with any iPhone Dev, so you can install the beta version.
- If you update to OS 4.0 beta your Baseband will be at 05.13 and you will lost the carrier unlock until the next planned release of ultrasn0w and blacksn0w.
- You can Downgrade to 3.1.3 but remember only your firmware will be downgraded and baseband will be untouched.
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 is also in beta and may cause you some bugs, errors so if you are not a developer stay away from beta release of both OS 4 and Redsn0w.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G OS 4 beta with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta
- Make sure you’ve iPhone3G already running on OS 4.0 beta 1
- and Launch the redsn0w 0.9.5 beta
- Select OS 4.0 beta ipsw “iPhone1,2_4.0_8A230m_Restore.ipsw” file.
- Select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”. Use DFU mode to install the jailbreak.
- When your iPhone3G comes back up, you’ll notice Cydia has a blank white icon (we told you many things were broken right now!) You’ll also notice Cydia has no sources. Go to the Sources panel and add this repo: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 (be sure you have a carrier or wifi signal first!). When Cydia restarts, you should see its real logo now, and the standard sources should be ready to use.
iHackintosh Guide : How to Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 4.0 beta to iPhone OS 3.1.3 / 3.1.2