Apple released the iPhone Software update OS 3.1.3, the latest firmware update contains a baseband firmware update 05.12.01 like firmware 3.1 and it’s is not compatible with Ultrasn0w. Means if you upgrade your iPhone 3G/3GS for OS 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 your baseband also upgrades from Modem FW 04.26.08 or 5.11.04 to 05.12.01, For more details about Baseband and Bootloader check here iPhone Baseband and Bootloader From Basic. Sn0wbreeze team released the updated version of Sn0wbreeze aka pwnage tool for windows. With Sn0wbreeze you can jailbreak and preserve your current baseband so you can enjoy the carrier unlock on latest 3.1.3 firmware.
Warning : Various reports over internet suggest Sn0wbreeze is still buggy, Musclenerd (Dev team) is working on pwnage tool for jailbreak 3.1.3 [Details Here] so we suggest you to hold your horses for a while.
Am i good enough for Sn0wbreeze process or not ?
- I have iPhone 2G/3G/3GS 3.0/3.1.2 redsn0wed : You are in
- I have iPhone 2G/3G/3GS 3.0/3.12 pwned : You are in
- I have an iPhone 2G/3G/3GS 3.1/3.1.2 blackra1ned : You are in
- I have an iPhone 3G/3GS updated to 3.1.3 Stock Firmware : Yes but you need to Downgrade iPhone 3G [Guide here] and iPhone 3GS [Guide here] but your baseband is now updated to 05.12.01 so you can’t unlock anymore for more details [check here].
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32 or 64bit)
- Sn0wbreeze V 1.4 Fast Direct Link] [
- iPhone Firmware OS 3.1.3 Download Here
- . NET Framework 3.5 Download Here
Guide to Jailbreak With Sn0wbreeze
Step 1. Download the required files and make a folder on Desktop called “iHackintosh” or whatever you want and put the Firmware 3.1.3 and Sn0wbreeze tool in iHackintosh folder. Launch Sn0wbreeze ( Windows Vista/7 user start the application in administrator mode) and connect your iPhone via USB to your PC.
Step 2. Click on the arrow to go to the next step, we now have to choose between Easy or Expert mode.
- Simple Mode – Which provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
- Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the various different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in expert mode it will make the same.
Step 3. At this point we have to choose the firmware to select, then click on"Browse" and find the firmware we downloaded earlier and click Open.After selecting the firmware application automatically detect the device on which will go to jailbreak, then go ahead.
This is the most crucial step of your process so be careful and read it 3-4 times before getting in to the business.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to Unlock Baseband, select NO.
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then Select YES
- Select the size of root partition according to your usage.
- In case your device is an iPhone 3G/3GS alien should select the method devised by unlocking GeoHot,BlackSn0w.
- In case your device is an iPhone EDGE aka iPhone 2G you need to select the method of BootNeuter.
Step 6. In next screen you have a choice to install Cydia or Rock or both, if you’d like to take my advice install Cydia only.
Step 7. It ’s time to choose the packages to be included in your firmware. We can choose between:
- Repository pre-added;
- Manually add a repository (currently this feature is not available);
- Add. Deb that you have on your computer.
We’re done with all the customizations! We can now proceed to create the firmware, click on "Build IPSW"Now we have to wait a few minutes to create the firmware and complete procedure can close the application.
Step 8. Now put your phone in DFU/Recovery mode [we suggest for DFU mode and iREB].
to put your iPhone in recovery mode :
- Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
- Hold down the home button.
- While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
- Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-itunes screen You are now in recovery mode.
to put your iPhone in DFU mode :
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
- If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.
Step 9. Open up iTunes and you will see a warning message which is communicated to you that you have connected an iPhone in recovery mode, click OK and move on.
Step 10. Then click on the Shift key on your keyboard, and simultaneously with the mouse on the Restore button in iTunes. Browse the firmware you just created.
Step 11. Wait for iTunes to complete all procedures for extracting, testing and repair of your iPhone / iPod Touch. We’re done!
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.