iH8sn0w has kept his promise, and released the first beta version of Sn0wbreeze. Sn0wbreeze is a tool for Windows that allows you to create custom a custom firmware for your iPhone and iPod Touch. In short Sn0wbreeze is Windows version Dev team Pwnage tool. Sn0wbreeze is compatible with iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS (excluding models with the new iBoot), iPod Touch 1G, iPod Touch 2G (excluding models with MC). To download the tool, simply go to the.
Requirements are as follows
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32 or 64bit)
- Sn0wbreeze Beta Download Here
- iPhone Firmware OS 3.1.2 Download Here
- . NET Framework 3.5 Download Here
Guide to Jailbreak With Sn0wbreeze
Step 1. Download the required files and make a folder on Desktop called “iHackintosh” or whatever you want and put the Firmware 3.1.2 and Sn0wbreeze tool in iHackintosh folder. Launch Sn0wbreeze ( Windows Vista/7 user start the application in administrator mode) and connect your iPhone via USB to your PC.
Step 2. Click on the arrow to go to the next step, we now have to choose between Easy or Expert mode.
- Simple Mode – Which provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
- Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the various different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in expert mode it will make the same.
Step 3. At this point we have to choose the firmware to select, then click on"Browse" and find the firmware we downloaded earlier and click Open.After selecting the firmware application automatically detect the device on which will go to jailbreak, then go ahead.
Step 4. Going in order, click on "General" and advanced once again. At this point, if you make a Jailbreak iPhone, the application asks us if we activate our iPhone.
- If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to Unlock Baseband, select NO.
- If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then Select YES
- Select the size of root partition according to your usage.
Step 5. Now we must choose how Unlocks for your iPhone.
- In case your device is an iPhone 3G/3GS alien should select the method devised by unlocking GeoHot, BlackSn0w.
- In case your device is an iPhone EDGE aka iPhone 2G you need to select the method of BootNeuter.
Step 6. In next screen you have a choice to install Cydia or Rock or both, if you’d like to take my advice install Cydia only.
Step 7. It ‘s time to choose the packages to be included in your firmware. We can choose between:
- Repository pre-added;
- Manually add a repository (currently this feature is not available);
- Add. Deb that you have on your computer.
We’re done with all the customizations! We can now proceed to create the firmware, click on "Build IPSW" Now we have to wait a few minutes to create the firmware and complete procedure can close the application.
Step 8. Now put your phone in DFU mode, switch off the device and in Sn0wbreeze click on "Help"and then "Tutorials" to go to the guide on screen to enter DFU mode: click the button for 10 seconds timed Home + Power and then released only the power button while continuing to press Home for another 10 seconds. Follow the on-screen instructions to put your phone in DFU mode.
Step 9. Open up iTunes and you will see a warning message which is communicated to you that you have connected an iPhone in recovery mode, click OK and move on.
Step 10. Then click on the Shift key on your keyboard, and simultaneously with the mouse on the Restore button in iTunes. Browse the firmware you just created.
Step 11. Wait for iTunes to complete all procedures for extracting, testing and repair of your iPhone / iPod Touch. We’re done!