Zodttd released the N64iPhone, Nintendo64 emulator for iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G. N64iPhone is available at a cost of $ 2.49 on Cydia store in the ZodTTD repo. Since the GPU code is written with the OpenGL | ES 2.0 specification, it limits the devices able to be used to the iPhone 3gs and iPod Touch 3rd Gen. According to first received impressions some games are playable, though some aren’t either due to graphical glitches or performance. So remember, this is an early release but it’s showing a lot of promise and is worth seeing to believe.
Features of N64iPhone
- N64iPhone supports the Wii Remote via Bluetooth.
- Supports ROM with. N64 and. Z64 extensions and archives. Zip, . Gz also.
- Based on Open GL libraries | ES 2.0 so there should be a good frame rate.
- Sound plugin (Can affect performance once enabled).
- Screen scaling & rotation.
- ROM selection screen & my usual emulator’s layout
Video of N64iPhone