Google Phone a.k.a Nexus One Latest Rival to iPhone
Giant G Google entered in the race of smart phones, the buzz generated after some tweets by Google employees who were were given the task of testing the device. Later today Mario Queiroz, Vice President, Product Management confirmed the Google Phone on official Google mobile blog “Unfortunately, because dogfooding is a process exclusively for Google employees, we cannot share specific product details. We hope to share more after our dogfood diet.”
Nexus One is directly in rival with Motorola Droid and Apple iPhone. Nexus One is equipped with a huge 3.7 inches WVGA AMOLED Capacitive screen and 1GHZ Snapdragon processor.
Feature and Specification of Nexus One a.k.a Google Phone
The following features are comes through the Tweet of Google employees who were given the task of testing the device.
- A capacitive touch screen OLED display,
- A Home Screen renovated with the possibility of using an animated background,
- Two microphones to reduce background noise during a conversation,
- The new version 2.1 operating system,
- Snapdragon processors called “really very very fast.”
- Support GSM networks
- 5MP camera
- Virtual keyboard on the screen, but with the ability to use his voice to dictate the words to write
- Will be built by HTC
Pricing and Availability of Nexus One a.k.a Google Phone
Nexus One is rumored to be available in the first quarter of 2009 and most probably from January. About pricing it’s not cleared yet but it should be in between 450$ to 750$ for an unlocked one. According to various Internet reports Google will sell the phone online, according to BGR Best Buy should sell this as well when it launches.