Jailbreak Unlock iPhone 3G 3GS 3.1.2 with Blackra1n
The Blackra1n RC3 software is available for both Windows and Mac (Tiger+PPC) users, and it supports iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS with baseband unlock 05.11.07. Blackra1n RC3 is the most advanced and easy to use utility. Blackra1n RC3 includes the Blacksn0w “ unlock for the latest 05.11.07 baseband ” “ enable official tethering ” and a ” huge 15 second speed improvement ”. GeoHot credited iH8sn0w for the AT+XEMN command, the command injection vector used to get code running on the baseband. We also apperitiate the stand of GeoHot to declining the $ 10K prize money from Jody Sander.
Download of interest
Get Prepare to Jailbreak your iPhone
Before attempting the tutorial consider all the following points and select right method for you :
I have a locked iPhone 3G/3GS with firmware 3.X.X not jailbreaked before : Follow the Step One to Step Six.
I have a locked iPhone 3G/3GS with Firmware 3.X.X and jailbreaked before : You have two conditions
- If you still have the Blackra1n.app on your iPhone springboard simply run it. You will see Icy replaced by an option "ra1n". Install this to upgrade your app. After upgrading, run blackra1n.app again. You will see "sn0w". Install this, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
- If you deleted the Blackra1n.app from your iPhone or you are on pwned iPhone then simply wait for the Blacksn0w release on Cydia. Blacksn0w will be added to Cydia sometime after the Blackra1n release, and instructions will be posted here. or follow the following condition and do a clean install of 3.1.2
3. I am on firmware 3.X.X and i don’t mind a clean install of 3.1.2 : Then simply Download the Stock Firmware linked above and restore your iPhone to stock 3.1.2 With Shift + Restore (Windows) Option + Restore (Mac) in iTunes or simply hit the update button in iTunes and then follow the Step One to Step Six.
Guide to Jailbreak your iPhone
Step One. Download Blackra1n RC3 and double click the rain drop icon to launch the program. Windows 7 Vista users if you have any difficulty in launching the program follow the highlighted instructions otherwise jump to Step Two. I didn’t faced any problem with Windows 7so just in case if Blacksn0w crashes during the launch follow the following three steps otherwise Jump to Step Two.
- Right-click the blackra1n icon and click properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Under compatibility mode click the box to enable it and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Click OK, and then run blackra1n.
Step Two. Click the make it ra1n button.
Step Three. You iPhone will now be placed in recovery mode. You will see a picture of GeoHot that replaces the regular recovery mode screen on your device.
Step Four. Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n is done doing it’s thing and you should see the blackra1n icon on there. If you don’t see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should see it.
Step Five. Install your preferred application from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Rock and Sn0w. I don’t recommend you to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install them one at a time then reboot and then second one.
Step Six. Sn0w is the unlock we all were waited from a long. Just hit the sn0w button and the magic will happen itself. After the process enjoy your unlocked baseband 5.11.07
Post Jailbreak fixes
Fix AFC2 Error : Blackra1n doesn’t adds the afc2 support to your jailbreaked iPhone. iPhone browser, iFunbox, Diskaid etc uses the afc2 service to access the file system and allow the transfer of files such as Winterboard themes, NES ROMs or eBooks to the iPhone. In short you can’t access root partition of your drive with desktop clients.
- Launch the cydia and search for afc2add and install this patch.
- After installation reboot your phone and you’ll be fine again.
We are getting too many comments for this post and most of them already answered here, please read the complete post before posting any comment. Here are some links which may be useful for you.
If you have any question we’ll love to hear back from you on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.