Dev team released Pwnage tool 3.1-3 for jailbreaking iPhone 3GS with the 3.1 firmware. iPhone 3GS users are advised to use Pwnage tool for retaining their current baseband. Most of iPhone user doesn’t owns a Mac and waiting for a windows solution. Here is the guide to Jailbreak and Unlock your iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1 All you have to do is download a custom firmware, this custom firmware is created with Dev team Pwnage Tool that strips out the baseband update from the upgrade.
Am i eligible for Pwnage tool or not ?
- I have an iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1 redsn0wed : You are in
- I have an iPhone 3GS 3.1 and saved SHSH to Cydia : You are in But Downgrade to 3.0 with the following guide Downgrading iPhone 3GS from 3.1 to 3.0 with Cydia SHSH.
- I have an iPhone 3GS 3.1 but didn’t saved SHSH to Cydia : You are out of luck
In short the custom firmware is specifically for 3gs users who are using 3.0.X, If you updated to 3.1 without your shsh saved to Cydia then you can’t do anything with this release.
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1 Windows
Step One : Download the custom firmware and place to your desktop. These custom firmware are Jailbreaked and contains Cydia for using the full potential of jailbreaking.
Download iPhone 3GS 3.1 Custom Firmware : Google is your F.R.I.E.N.D
Please do not ask links to custom IPSWs in your comments, because the software in them is copyrighted by Apple. For legal issues we can’t link you for modified custom firmware.
Step Two : Put your iPhone in Recovery mode by following instructions.
- Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
- Hold down the home button.
- While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
- Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-iTunes screen You are now in recovery mode.
Step Three : Launch iTunes, hold the shift key and then hit Restore button. For Mac hold Option key on your Mac and then hit the restore button. Make sure to hit the restore button.In the dialog box that pops up, browse the downloaded custom firmware file and let iTunes do it’s job. Once the upgrade is finished you haven’t need to jailbreak it again since it was already jailbroken.
Note : This procedure is tested by many iPhone users but we are not responsible for any damage. Do this at your own risk, and if you have any problem, question feel free to ask us on twitter also you can subscribe our free daily e-mail newsletter to keep yourself updated with the latest of iPhone community.