iTunes 9 Supports Twitter and Facebook
Apple showcased Rock and Roll event last night, where some rumors turned in to reality and some are still rumors. Yesterdays event main highlight was Mr. Job was back on stage, New iPod nano with Video camera and FM, New iPod third generation (no video camera), Firmware 3.1 and iTunes 9. It’s really disappointed to see no video camera in iPod touch third gen as it was highly rumored. iTunes 9 with a lots of new features is available to download via Apple Update or you can also download offline installer for Windows and Mac check here.
iTunes 9 comes with many new features and improvements, including:
• An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.
• iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.
• iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more — available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.
• Home Sharing helps you manage your family’s iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.
• Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.
• iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.
• iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.
• Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).
• iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.
Did you missed something, yeah there was lots of talks on the world wild web regarding iTunes and Twitter, Facebook integration. Apple silently integrated Twitter and Facebook support but that is useless for most of the folks. . In fact is quite easy to do, but not really extremely exciting. Basically you can only share songs or albums that you can buy from the appstore.
Here is what you need to do:
- Browse the iTunes store
- look for an album or a song and click on the arrow next to “Buy Album” or “Buy Song”
- a drop-down menu with the option to share via Facebook or via Twitter will appear
- That’s it, isn’t that exciting.