The EX58-UD3R is based on the latest X58 Series motherboards of GIGABYTE, designed for the intel’s new Core i7 processors. With the price of X58 motherboards coming down to $200 or less, 3GB DDR3-1066MHz memory kits priced as low as $53, and the Core i7-920 already priced at a reasonable $284, you can build the guts of a basic Core i7 system now for just under $550. X58 and i7 breaking all the benchmarks with Mac OS X so we decided to publish a handy guide for Hackintoshing on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and ntel Core i7 processors.
- MotherBoard : Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
- Processor : Intel Core i7 920
- HDD : Western Digital SATA 640GB
- Graphics : GeForce 9500GT 512 MB
- Memory : 3 GB
- OSX86 Distro : iAtkos V7
1. Setting bios:
only 2 bios just a revamped configuration
– Onboard SATA / RAID Device set to Enable
– Onboard SATA / RAID Ctrl set to AHCI
2. IAtkos Install v7
– Booting from the DVD, and then press F8, type the boot flag “-v busratio = 20” (without the quotes), see the JMicron screen ranks him blah blah, thats why can not use DVD retail booted. except to make his own boot CD with drivers for JMicron add it. more …
– After entering the installation menu we make a partition first. because temen I want to dual boot with XP so I made 4 partition for XP partition 1 to 2 for 2 partitions iAtkos and the rest is used for data, and select the partition to install iatkos and Erase to format the Mac OS (Journaled), when all was settled out from the Disk Utility and click Customize and select the following settings:
- Main iAtkos System v7
- Chameleon v2
- Extra Directory
- APIC Driver
- Remove TyMCE
- Intel SATA / IDE
- JMicron SATA / IDE
- Voodoo HDA Driver
- Realtek R1000
- Post Install
Click Done and continue. Wait until the installation is complete and reboot.
* remember to boot the first time we have to type the boot flag “busratio = 20” if you will not get the Kernel panic. Everything went perfectly.
For GeForce 9500 GT drivers please use the drivers here. though detected as Unknown Nvidia but CI / QE / OpenGL it to be perfect (sorry again kext ga edit2 his mood).