Everybody was excited how’ll AT&T push the MMS feature to iPhone, strongest rumor was Apple going to release 3.1.1 with MMS functionality. Earlier this week Apple pushed iTunes 9.0.1 and today AT&T released carrier settings via iTunes. Again it’s a carrier update not a firmware update so needn’t to update whole firmware, in simple words you are two minutes away from MMS on your AT&T without Jailbreaking, without custom ipcc. Earlier this week we already published How to Enable MMS on OS 3.1 (AT&T) with the help of custom ipcc, but it’s not crap now because AT&T officially released the MMS for it’s US based subscriber. To enable the MMS functionality simply follow the following procedure.
- If you are on iTunes 9 then download and install iTunes 9.0.1
- Now connect your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS to your computer and open iTunes. Make sure you have OS 3.1 already installed.
- A popup will be available, asking you to install a carrier setting update like the screenshot given below. Just hit the Update Setting button.
- Once the update process will complete itself, iTunes will show you another popup message “Your iPhone carrier settings were updated successfully“ click ok on this message.
- Now reboot your iPhone 3G / 3GS and you should now have MMS on your iPhone.