iPhone OS 3.1 Ready for Download
Apple is likely to release iPhone OS 3.1 for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch 1G, 2G on the 09’th September Rock n Roll event. The other attractions of Rock n Roll event are iTunes’09, iPod Touch 3G with Video camera and new range of iPod Nano (rumored). iPhone OS 3.1 is coming with a lots of bug fixes, improved stability, MMS as default, New Video editing features. In the mean time Dev team also warned to jailbreakers to stay away form the latest update to prevent their baseband. Once Dev team release their line of tools we’ll publish our guides on Jailbreaking and Unlocking iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.
Features of iPhone OS 3.1 :
- Trimming video clips on the iPhone 3GS now offers the ability to save the edited version as a copy rather than simply overwriting the original file.
- iPhone vibrates when rearranging Home screen icons.
- A "Fraud Protection" toggle is now available in Safari settings.
- iPhone startup and shutdown and app launching times have improved.
- New APIs allow developers of third-party application to access and edit videos.
- OpenGL and Quartz have seen improvements.
- iPhone boot time is now faster.
- Voice Control over Bluetooth.
- Non-destructive video button names changed to Trim Original and Save as New Clip, this should help clear up the confusion caused by the original names Save andSave a Copy.
- New enhancements to Core Audio has been added.
- Support for copy/paste of videos into email.
- Support for Instruments (on your Leopard or Snow Leopard OS X machine) over Wi-Fi instead of USB for developers to test benchmarks in apps for memory leaks, performance etc.
- MMS is now enabled by default, but still not supported by AT&T until 25th September.
- Voice Control over Bluetooth is now available, allowing users to Initiate calls and control music playback via Bluetooth headsets.