Update Hackintosh (OSX86) from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8
Updating the Hack-i-ntosh or OSX86 install is a very panic process for newbies, so we advise you to make the backup of your system before hitting the update process. If this is the first time you are updating your hackintosh then read this guide twice before getting started. This guide is for Non vanila or hacked kernel & INTEL based system only. Vanilla users just update and restart. You can also use this guide for updating 10.5.X to 10.5.8 with Combo Update remember you must have patched your DSDT. If you are upgrading from 10.5.7 then download Delta Update. Updating Process is same as usual like you updated from previous one. You can download Delta update (274MB) and Combo update (759MB). Before starting the process download & install osx86tools from PCWIZ.
We recommend to use this procedure it’s a bit long but trustworthy :
First of All follow this guide: How to Back up & Restore Your Kexts Before OSX86 Upgrades.
First Phase :
- Install Disabler.kext Download Here
- Install this dsmos.kext Download Here ( a bit updated to be present in mkext)
- Now reboot your system
- Create backup of Extensions folder. If anything goes wrong we can restore:
sudo cp -rf /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_old
- Now start the update and wait for Update was successful need to reboot screen !
- Don’t restart here and follow the phase 2.
Second Phase :
Open osx86tools >>> Check repair permissions >>> Set kext permissions >>> Clear extensions cache >>> Restart.
Boot using -v to see if any errors.
More guides of Interest :
- Basics of OSX86 for Noobs Start From Here
- What is kext,Where is kext, how to Install kext.
- Make Bootable Mac OSX86 USB Stick Installer Yourself.
- How to Install Chameleon 2.0 RC1.
- Dummies guide to Add OSX into XP,LINUX,VISTA Bootloader’s
- Install Mac Leopard OS X Retail DVD on a Ordinary PC with Boot 132 hack.