Recently Apple updates iTunes from 8.2 to 8.2.1 for disabling Palm Pre sync to iTunes. Now it’s time for Palm to push a new update for answering Apple and they did it. Palm pushed webOS to 1.1.0 with bugfixes, battery performance improvements, and UI enhancements. Ahh, and Palm has re-enabled full iTunes sync with iTunes 8.2.1 So we can say After Dev team Apple got a new reason to update iTunes frequently. Love to see a cat n mouse race between Apple and Palm. From Official Palm blog ” In addition to these treats for business users, Version 1.1 also includes a few other goodies for everyone — like support for emoticons in the messaging app, and the ability to set “person reminders” in the contacts app (next time you get a message or phone call from that person, a message pops up showing you a reminder to ask them about their vacation in Maui — cool, huh?). Oh, and one more thing: Palm webOS 1.1 re-enables Palm media sync. That’s right — you once again can have seamless access to your music, photos and videos from the current version of iTunes (8.2.1).”
Here’s the recap of what’s changed:
- New service pre-installed: NFL Mobile Live from Sprint.
- Calendar: the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events.
- Camera: Photos application opens more quickly when launched from the camera.
- Clock: better support for time zones; when alarm is set, a small icon will appear in the notification area at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on that icon will display alarm details.
- Contacts: improved synchronization with Facebook and Google.
- Email: mail server can be an IP address; support for self-signed certificates; improved Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) support.
- Messaging: emoticons support; better management of IM accounts.
- Phone: minor usability improvements.
- System: improved functionality of person reminders; syncing with iTunes works again!
- Web: few usability improvements.