After updating your jailbreaked iPhone to a new firmware it is always advised to set you phone as a new phone during the first sync after updating and jailbreaking. This will save you from battery drainage, unexpected reboot, hanging etc. If you set your phone as a new phone you will loose many valuable data like Received SMS, Contacts, Call History, Notes, Calender etc. To overcome this problem you are advised to manually backup your iPhone data before updating your iPhone to new firmware. The process is very easy all you need is a Jailbreaked iPhone with SSH installed already. Now follow our guide to access file system of your iPhone here ” How to Access iPhone via SSH on Windows Mac ” Now follow the paths given below and copy save the certain files mentioned below.
How to backup Contacts :
- Navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook
- There will be two files save them on your computer.
How to backup Messages :
- Navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS
- Save sms.db on your computer
How to backup Calendar:
- Navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Calendar
- Copy Calendar.sqlitedb to your computer
How to backup Notes:
- Navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Notes
- Copy notes.db and notes.idx to your computer
How to backup your Call History:
- Navigate to /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/
- copy call_history.db to your computer
To restore these databases after updating and jailbreaking navigate to specified paths and replace the files with you copied and saved earlier.