Apple released Beta iPhone firmware 3.1 beta 3 to registered developers. This update is must for the peoples who are using iPhone OS 3.1 beta 2 as it expires on July 28 at 18:00. Apple has seeded the third beta of iPhone OS 3.1 to developers along with a new version of the SDK. The new firmware is build 7C116a and the new SDK is build 9M2808. iPhone OS 3.1 added with some new functionalities like Copy/Paste Video files, WiFi bug fixed and more. For non Dev and hactivated (Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w) iPhone user stay away from Beta releases if you love your phone.
iSpazio Posted a Changelog of OS 3.1 beta 3 what they found :
- First you have removed the vibration that in previous beta was not done just click on an icon to long for an order to reposition it.
- On some iPhone there is a problem with WiFi that continually asks the password for access. Probably, however, restore, rather than an upgrade will solve the problem.
- The button. “123” is now displayed as “_123”. P
- Fixed problems with databases of different applications: Messages, Mail, Address Book etc.
- In terms of API were introduced changes all’UIKit (UIImagePickerController and UIVideoEditorController) and also to Audio Toolbox (AudioConverter, AudioSerives and ExternalAudioFile)
- It still updates the Baseband (modem) up to version 05.11.04.Users with iPhone alien must update (as usual) – [Thanks Andrew and FedeFB]
- Enhance the sending and receiving SMS and MMS: In the previous beta, under conditions of weak signal was often returned an error.Now however, everything seems to work in the best possible way.[Thanks Riku101]
- Configuration of Vodafone get to version 4.6 and tetherig possible.[Thanks Andrew]
- During a restore, the screen is no longer purple, but black is back [Thanks Simone Leopizzi]
- Added the translation of two labels: “original size” – “Save as a new clip” when editing video. [Thanks Adebayor]
- Translated the string “ask to join network” in the WiFi [Thanks Riku101]
- Added the ability to copy video, just as with images, and the ability to paste into email
Please keep in mind Betas are meant only for developers. Do not attempt to install iPhone OS 3.1 Beta 3 until you are not a developer.
Warning : Ultrasn0w users must stay away from iPhone OS 3.1 including beta till iPhone Dev team has releases Unlock & jailbreak tools. OS 3.1 beta will update your baseband to 5.11.04, and the latest baseband is unlockable and undowngradable yet. Wait for Dev team release and our guides even if Apple releases OS 3.1 final version in coming days.