After Snowing its time for rain so get ready your umbrellas. As we mentioned earlier iPhone 3G S Jailbreak First Success by GeoHot here he comes with the first bang. Good thing is Dev team and Geohot working together towards jailbreaking and unlocking iPhone. As Geohot revealed ” Apple has added a new layer of security to the iPhone 3GS. I mentioned it several posts earlier; it’s the ECID field. When iTunes starts the restore process, they contact Apple servers to generate signatures just for your device. It’s important you get these signatures for your phone before a new version of the software comes out. ” And to eliminate this limitation you have to generate a unique certificate for your phones iBSS. Read this post twice or thrice and get your certificate now before Apple put another limitation.
For Windows Users, Get the free usbview Download Here:
For Mac Users, use system profiler.
1. Power off your phone
2. Holding the home button, plug your phone into your computer until you get into recovery mode.
3. Open usbview.
4. In “options”, check off “config descriptors” (enable)
5. Hit F5 on your keyboard to refresh
6. Scroll down til you see “Apple Recovery (iBoot) USB drive, and click on it.
7. Look for ECID in right navigation pane.
8. Copy the 16 digits that follow the ECID
9. Go to http://purplera1n.com/
10. Paste your ECID in the field just under the picture of geohot
11. Save your iBSS certificate.
12. Press and hold power and home button till your phone reboots to get out of recovery mode.
Now wait for next announcement and in he mean time if Apple releases any update don’t install it untill dev team confirmation
Special Thanx to Geohot, Planetbeing and entire Dev Team