Finally the first 10.5.7 OSX86 Distribution goes live in the wild. Uphuck and OSX86 Turk team released iAtkos v7 to the bay of pirates.This release can be considered as a boot132 disk with a 100% vanilla system (obviously is a retail disc updated to 10.5.7, which was taken from some printer drivers and language but have not been modified or changed drivers or binary frameworks by other patches). You can find the links of torrent on your favorite site including Mininova & Demonoid also Google for Rapidshare links. I’ll not post or provide you links here and please don’t post the links in comments also.
Here is the official announcement
– This DVD is designed for Non-Apple x86 computers (PC). So, do not try to boot it on Apple Hardware!
– This DVD includes Apple’s Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 (9J61) installation for Intel and AMD CPUs, some basic drivers and x86 patches.
– Make sure that the md5 checksum of your iATKOS iso image matches the one in md5.rtf file. Do this MD5 check just before mounting or doing anything with the iso image! Otherwise you may have a faulty DVD image. Use quality media/burner and burn slowly.
– The oscar goes to Apple and OSX86 community..
– This OSX86 installation DVD release supports both GPT and MBR partitioned hard drives.
– Full retail main system like boot132 installation.
– You can make Clean, Upgrade (from previous versions of OS X on Intel/AMD), Refresh (renew your existing 10.5.7 installation) and driver-only installs using iATKOS v7 DVD. Upgrade/Refresh is highly successful on previous iATKOS installs and will mostly work for other installations too, read the readme for the process.
– You can update your running system using software updater just like real Macs on most PC hardware(Intel/AMD).
– Easy installation on RAID targets with manual bootloader installers and packages.
– Enhanced hardware compatibility: various systems including ATI, SiS, VIA chipset motherboards, enhanced nVidia VGA support with universal efi string and modified enablers.
Minimum hardware requirements: x86 SSE2 CPU, 512MB RAM, 10GB free space on target partition, OpenGL VGA card.
Recommended hardware requirements: Intel Core or AMD x2 CPU, 1GB RAM, 15GB free space on target partition, nVidia GeForce 6600 or better – ATI X1300 or better – Intel GMA 950 or X3100 VGA card.
Motherboard (the most important part) should be compatible for you to boot iATKOS v7 DVD and install natively.