Updating the Hack-i-ntosh is a very panic process for newbies so it is advised to make the backup of existing system before updating.If this is the first time you are updating your hackintosh then read this guide twice before get started. This guide is for Non vanila or hacked kernel & INTEL based system only. Vanilla users just update and restart. You can also use this guide for updating 10.5.X to 10.5.7 with Combo Update remember you must have patched your DSDT. If you are upgrading from 10.5.6 then download Delta Update. Updating Process is same as usual like you updated from previous one. You can download Delta update (442MB) and Combo update (729MB). Before starting the process download & install osx86tools from PCWIZ.
Update : Single Click Upgrade KIT for 10.5.7
As Netkas stated : To update, you can you old manual given below or use a quick one make sure you have dsmos/appledecrypt and appleintelcpupm disabler kexts installed to /Extra These Kext are generally available in /Extra if not then download from here.
- Download AppleDecrypt.kext Click HERE.
- Download IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext Click HERE.
- Edit : AppleIntelCPUPM Disabler.kexts will be in /Extra
We recommend to use this procedure it’s a bit long but trustworthy :
First of All follow this guide: How to Back up & Restore Your Kexts Before OSX86 Upgrades.
First Phase :
Open the terminal & perform following command’s without quotes.
”while sleep 1;”
”do rm –rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext;done”
Open 10.5.7 Update Installer.
Run update BUT DO NOT RESTART.
Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script.
In terminal type:
Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext if any exists.
Second Phase :
Open osx86tools >>> Check repair permissions >>> Set kext permissions >>> Clear extensions cache >>> Restart.
Boot using -v to see if any errors.
More guides of Interest :
- Basics of OSX86 for Noobs Start From Here
- What is kext,Where is kext, how to Install kext.
- Make Bootable Mac OSX86 USB Stick Installer Yourself.
- How to Install Chameleon 2.0 RC1.
- Dummies guide to Add OSX into XP,LINUX,VISTA Bootloader’s
- Install Mac Leopard OS X Retail DVD on a Ordinary PC with Boot 132 hack.
- Update hackintosh from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6