Apple TV is a kind of digital media receiver device for HDTV. Apple TV manufactured, marketed and sold by Apple Inc. AppleTV can be defined as a network device that allows consumers to use an HDTV set to easily view photos, play music and watch video that originates from an Internet media service or a local network. Apple TV is designed to play digital content from the iTunes store, YouTube, Flickr, MobileMe or any Mac OS itunes movie rental apple tvX or Windows computer running iTunes on to an enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen television. Apple TV supports iTunes Store where users can buy and rent movies, buy television shows, songs, albums, and music videos in HD-quality. Apple TV connects to a television or other video equipment through either High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) or component video connections. Standard-definition movie rentals are $2.99 for library titles and $3.99 for new releases. And for just a dollar more, you can rent HD movies directly from your computer or widescreen TV via Apple TV. Rent a movie and you have 30 days to start watching it. Hit Play, and you have 24 hours to finish it or watch it as many times as you want. Rentals disappear automatically when they expire. If you likes the rented movie you can purchase that movie within 24 hours. Movies you rent or buy from the iTunes Store transfer to your iPod2 or iPhone to watch on the go. Your iPod or iPhone remembers where you stopped watching on your computer and picks up where you left off. Enjoy cinema like quality with Apple iTunes store. You can also use iTunes store to Rent HD movies and watch them on your Computer or Mac Machine. Following steps shows you how to rent and play movies from iTunes store on Apple TV and Computer.
Follow the steps given below to Rent a Movie from the iTunes Store on your Apple TV :
- Select Movies from the main Apple TV menu.
- Choose one of the following categories to begin finding movies:
- Top Movies : Shows the List of top rented movies of the store.
- Genres : Differentiate movies according to their genres.
- All HD : List all available HD Movies.
- Search : Search from thousands of Titles.
- Find a movie you would like to rent and press Play/Pause for more details.
- Select Rent or Rent HD. (Rent HD may not be available for all movies and movie rentals may not be available in all regions.)
- A confirmation message will appear. Click OK to continue.
- To see all the movies that you have rented, select Movies > Rented Movies from the main Apple TV menu. The Rented Movies menu also shows when your rented movie is due to expire.
Follow the steps given below to rent movies from the iTunes Store on your Computer :
- In iTunes on your computer, click iTunes Store.
- In the iTunes Store, find a movie you want to rent.
- Click Rent. Your movie will begin to download immediately.
Once the movie is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer or transfer the rental to a supported iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV.
- Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
- Click the Movies tab (for iPod), or the Videos tab (iPhone or Apple TV)
- Select the movie, and then click Move.
- After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.