How to Hack the User Password in Mac OS X Without an OS X CD.
Earlier we published How to Change or Reset user’s password in Mac OS X and How to Reset the Administrator Account Password in Mac OS X. But these method needs to you logged in to OS X or you must have a OS X Installation disc. But what to do if you don’t have an OS X CD or don’t evem know the Admin password. Here we have two simple tricks based on the loop holes of Mac OS X to hack your Mac user account by changing it’s password with simple command lines. In first method we used single user mode exploit all you have to do is just power the Mac and enter in Single User mode by –S command in advanced options. So if you think your Mac is the most secured OS please take a look at the steps given below.
Hack 1 Single User Mode :
- Boot into single user mode (press Command-S at power on)
- Type fsck -fy
- Type mount -uw /
- Type launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist
- Type dscl . -passwd /Users/username password, replace “username” with the targeted user and “password” with the password you wants.
The following trick is not resetting the OS X password, that is called creating a new account and taking over someone else’s computer with a fresh start. Removing the AppleSetupDone file will just trick OS X into thinking its the first time its been powered up, and take you through registration process. To reset your OS X password without an OS X CD you need to enter terminal perform the following commands.
Hack 2 Fooling OS X with Registration Process :
- Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
- When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
- mount -uw /
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
- shutdown -h now
- After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!
To Avoid these types of hack remember to block single user mode by setting a firmware password and don’t forget the password