The HP Pavilion dv9700 doesn’t have enough graphics power to satisfy hardcore gaming enthusiasts, but it is a great choice for home users who don’t want to spend a fortune on a Blu-ray-equipped entertainment notebook. The dv9700 has a typical array of ports and connections for a desktop replacement, plus a Blu-ray drive and HDMI output so you can watch high-definition movies on a TV. Unfortunately the HDMI jack comes in lieu of one USB port, leaving just three USB ports for you to attach peripherals. We do like the laptop’s dual headphone jacks, which make it easy to share movies and music with friends. HP DV9700 comes with ATI Fire GL X1 AGP 8X graphics card (FGL 9700 GPU based) – High-end 3D graphics board with 256MB DDR SGRAM memory, dual 400MHz/30-bit RAMDAC, and two DVI-I (F) analog/digital display outputs – Requires one AGP and one adjacent slot…Pricing and availability may change without notice…HP A9653A ATI Fire GL X1 AGP 8X graphics card (FGL 9700 GPU based) – High-end 3D graphics board with 256MB
Here we have a simple to follow guide on how to install OSX86 on HP DV9700 Series Laptops. In the following guide we used iPC OSX86 Universal 10.5.6. iPC is the most advanced distro. If you are more experimental and looking for a dual boot then check my dual boot guide here.
1. Grab the iPC 10.5.6 ISO and burn it at very low speed.
2. Bios : Play with BIOS at your own risk we are not responsible for any damage.
To fix BIOS issue, we will use a modified BIOS file that has removed the whitelist. Head over to this other post here:
And download the correct file for the BIOS you are currently running and or the upgraded BIOS. F.59 is the latest, so just download the file, and follow the instructions.
3. Put your DVD in rom and restart your computer with the DVD in Drive,now you should see Darwin load screen.
4. As counting starts press F8 key and you will be able to have some more option’s.
5. Now type -V and press enter now entered in VERBOSE mode here you are able to see any error if your screen freezes for more than 15 minutes than note last three lines and google them to find out a solution for your problem. If every thing goes fine after 15-30 minutes installation screen appear’s hold your breath we are not quit yet here.
6. On the top a menu bar appears click Utilities >> Disk Utility.
7. Here select the destination drive where u want to install Mac OSX.
8. Now click on ERASE on right hand side and under the format option select
” MAC OSX Journaled Extended ” and click Erase. Now the disk will be erased and mounted once this done you are very near to near to your destination.
9. Now close the disk utility and click on the partition which you created at previous Step.
10. In Customize option select the following patches.
- iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System
- (Optional) Language Translations pack of your choice.
- Dont select a kernal, this will install the default 9.6.0
- Intel ICHx SATA Drivers selected in Chipset
- ALC268 For Audio
- Under Fixes and Patches select, Seatbelt.kext, Both PS/2 Device Support patches, this is required for your trackpad and keyboard to work.
11. Now your disk will be checked for consistency than installaion begins. It will take 30-45 minute’s as your hardware.
12. Take disk out at reboot and run with -v -f on first boot. Anytime you install a patch for that matter, you should run -v -f to make sure everything loads properly.