Gigabyte EP45 DS3L is Based on the new Intel P45 chipset, GA-EP45-DS3L delivers a record setting 1600MHz Front Side Bus for the latest Intel Core 2™ multi-core processors, including 45nm CPUs and supporting dual channel DDR2 up to 1333+MHz. GA-EP45-DS3L features PCI Express 2.0 x16 interfaces, delivering double the PCI Express bandwidth of 5 Gbit/s for the ultimate in extreme gaming performance. GA-EP45-DS3L delivers several advanced GIGABYTE innovations including the DES Advanced, Ultra Durable design which provide optimized power savings, ultra cooling and ultra durability. Some other Specification are as follow. Intel P45 + ICH10 Chipset, Dynamic Energy Saving 4-Gear Switching, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 2, Intel Core 2 45nm Support, Supports DDR2-1200MHz, 1 x PCI-E 2.0 x16 Interface, One Gigabit Ethernet, 8-channel High Definition Audio, Dual BIOS Design,Hardware Overvoltage Control IC.
Here we have a simple to follow guide on how to install OSX86 on Gigabyte EP45 DS3L. In the following guide we used iPC OSX86 Universal 10.5.6. iPC is the most advanced distro. If you are more experimental and looking for a dual boot then check my dual boot guide here.
1. Update Your BIOS to Ltest Version.
2. Bios Settings :
Select – Power Management Setup
Set – ACPI to S3 (STR)
Set – Soft Off by Pwr-Bttn
Set – PME Event Wakeup – Enabled.
System Preferences Settings
Click on Energy Saver then options, check the box (restart automatically after power failure).
3. Put your DVD in rom and restart your computer with the DVD in Drive,now you should see Darwin load screen.
4. As counting starts press F8 key and you will be able to have some more option’s.
5. Now type -V and press enter now entered in VERBOSE mode here you are able to see any error if your screen freezes for more than 15 minutes than note last three lines and google them to find out a solution for your problem. If every thing goes fine after 15-30 minutes installation screen appear’s hold your breath we are not quit yet here.
6. On the top a menu bar appears click Utilities >> Disk Utility.
7. Here select the destination drive where u want to install Mac OSX.
8. Now click on ERASE on right hand side and under the format option select
” MAC OSX Journaled Extended ” and click Erase. Now the disk will be erased and mounted once this done you are very near to near to your destination.
9. Now close the disk utility and click on the partition which you created at previous Step.
10. In Customize option select the following patches.
- iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System
- (Optional) Language Translations pack of your choice.
- Dont select a kernal, this will install the default 9.6.0
- Chipset Driver: Intel ICH10 Sata & JMicronATA & IDE
- Patched USB Drivers
- PS/2 Keyboard Fix
- Patch DSDT with New HPET.
- Sata drive icon fix
Dont select an audio driver, Use the drivers from this link (Azilla & HDA): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135948
11. Now your disk will be checked for consistency than installaion begins. It will take 30-45 minute’s as your hardware.