Chameleon Hits 2.0RC1 Available for Download.
After a long wait, finally the GUI bootloader is here. Yes Chameleon 2.0 is out in the wild. It is a RC1 release and available in binaries. The official announcement is as follows “ Right before 1st of April we’re gladly introducing the Release Candidate 1 version of Chameleon 2.0 for public download. Now supporting GUI booting, and all other features we mentioned in the previous articles. “ Chameleon 2.0 supports many new features like “ You can select from many partitions across multiple disks. Even the foreign OS types are detected properly on GPT formatted disks as well. ” , “ You can choose from the typical boot options available for native HFS partitions. “ , “ Optionally you can replace the grey apple logo with a custom transparent image. “
If you are looking for a How to Guide then Check Here.
Now we have a serious alternative for E-fix as TERC said Working great for me (EP45-UD3P) with RAID 10. Great work! I’m glad I left EFI-X in the dust… I’ll be selling it to go towards donations for this project. The Chameleon team has been infinitely more helpful and considerate than the “help” over on EFI-X’s “support” forum.
Features of Chameleon 2.0 :
– Device Property Injection via device-properties string in com.apple.Boot.plist
– Hybrid boot0+boot1h loaders for both MBR and GPT partitioned disks.
– Automatic FSB detection code even for recent AMD CPUs.
– Apple Software RAID support.
– Stage2 loader (boot) can be placed as a regular file in the boot
– Partition’s root folder. It has precedence over the embedded startupfile.
You can get the binaries here: Chameleon-2.0RC1-r408-bin.tar.gz