As predicted by AppleInsider last Week the build 10A355 is seeded to developers. As like last build Apple Asks developers to focus on and test 64-bit kernel extensions, with the build came a small amount of fixes. The Seed notes are as usual published in the wild by the vey same source, Yes WorldofApple does it again. Snow leopard may arrive this summer as AppleInsider reports “ The distribution is indeed labeled Mac OS X 10.6 build 10A335. It arrives just three weeks after the last external test release, a sign that Apple may start requesting feedback on new builds more frequently as it strives to wrap up development of the software by the summer. ” WWDC is around the corner and it is rumored that Steve Jobs may launch Snow Leopard himself.
Seed Notes of Snow leopard Build 10A355.
- Migrating users over a network connection may result in a hang. Connect the machines via Firewire to workaround this.
- It may take several minutes to get to the Mac OS X Installer when using a DVD.
- Some settings such as Mobile Me login info and Keyboard settings are not migrated correctly.
- Some Rosetta applications crash on launch.
- ‘Repair Permissions’ in Disk Utility reports spurious errors.
- configd crashes can cause DNS lookups to fail.
- Custom install sizes are sometimes inaccurate, which may result in the Install Assistant failing due to disk space issues.
- Quicktime Player X may crash when playing DRM protected content in 64-bit.
- PowerPC apps are crashing for some users after installing Rosetta. Running ’sudo update_dyld_shared_cache’ in Terminal and then rebooting will typically work around this. Note that you will be prompted for your admin password.