iPC OSX86 Universal 10.5.6 Successfully Installed on Asus P5GC-MX / 1333.
Installing OSX on P5GC-MX is not very difficult. Here we make it easy for you with a simple to follow guide for your board. For this tutorial we used iPC 10.5.6 universal. Before getting started you should know your hardware. Lets take a quick look on P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard. P5GC-MX/1333 is based on Intel 945GC chipset and it supports Intel dual-core CPU and features 1333MHz FSB(O.C.), PCI Express x 16, Serial ATA interface, high performance integrated graphics engine, dual-channel DDR2 memory, and HD Audio CODEC. Users can experience faster graphics performance and higher video quality today. P5GC-MX/1333 is the most affordable all in one solution platform for Intel Core™2 Processor with Intel 945GC chipset inside.
Before going deep to business set your Motherboard Configuration as follow :
Before you boot up the PC, make sure you find the PS2_USBPWR jumper on the motherboard. It’s near the bottom, by the USB header pins and the SATA connectors; there’s only one jumper down there, but check your manual if you’re still not sure. You’ll want to move that PS2_USBPWR jumper from the default position of pins 1,2 over to pins 2,3. This enables your keyboard and mouse to wake your computer up from sleep. If you don’t set that jumper, sleep will not work properly.
1. Update Your BIOS to latest Revision. Now set your PS2_USBPWR jumper, boot up the PC and hit the Delete key to get into the BIOS. You’ll want to find and disable the MAXCPUID setting, set the Sleep mode to S3, and disable Legacy USB support.
2. If you want to reset your BIOS Settings to factory default, at which the settings are properly configured for iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6, enter Setup by pressing F2, then press Alt-F to reset, then Esc, and select “Save changes and reboot”. This will reset your clock as well, so don’t forget to set it back.
3. Put your DVD in rom and restart your computer with the DVD in Drive,now you should see Darwin load screen.
4. As counting starts press F8 key and you will be able to have some more option’s.
5. Now type -V and press enter now entered in VERBOSE mode here you are able to see any error if your screen freezes for more than 15 minutes than note last three lines and google them to find out a solution for your problem. If every thing goes fine after 15-30 minutes installation screen appear’s hold your breath we are not quit yet here.
6. On the top a menu bar appears click Utilities >> Disk Utility.
7. Here select the destination drive where u want to install Mac OSX.
8. Now click on ERASE on right hand side and under the format option select
” MAC OSX Journaled Extended ” and click Erase. Now the disk will be erased and mounted once this done you are very near to near to your destination.
9. Now close the disk utility and click on the partition which you created at previous Step.
10. In Customize option select the following patches. If you don’t have an Intel Core based CPU, you need to choose the 9.5.0 voodoo kernel and the seatbelt kext (farther down) otherwise don’t check the kernels option. Select the Intel ICHx AHCI and AppleIntelPIIXATA kexts, AppleSMBIOSEFI.
11. Now your disk will be checked for consistency than installaion begins. It will take 30-45 minute’s as your hardware.