Acer Aspire One A150 is based on 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor. A150 ranges from 307 $ to 423 $ means it’s a loot. Acer redefines mobile connectivity with the Aspire one, a netbook (or mini-notebook) packed with fun and powerful computing features in a diminutive 8.9″ form factor weighing as little as 2.2 lb. Aimed at business professionals, students and world travelers, it offers a choice of operating systems, wireless connectivity and Internet access. It’s time to simplify your life with the Aspire one. Here we simplify it one step ahead with a easy to follow guide on how to run OSX86 on this great machine. For this guide we used iPC 10.5.6 universal.
1. Update Your BIOS to Latest Revision.
2. Hold the cup of Coffee.
3. Put your DVD in rom and restart your computer with the DVD in Drive,now you should see Darwin load screen.
4. As counting starts press F8 key and you will be able to have some more option’s.
5. Now type -V and press enter now entered in VERBOSE mode here you are able to see any error if your screen freezes for more than 15 minutes than note last three lines and google them to find out a solution for your problem. If every thing goes fine after 15-30 minutes installation screen appear’s hold your breath we are not quit yet here.
6. On the top a menu bar appears click Utilities >> Disk Utility.
7. Here select the destination drive where u want to install Mac OSX.
8. Now click on ERASE on right hand side and under the format option select
” MAC OSX Journaled Extended ” and click Erase. Now the disk will be erased and mounted once this done you are very near to near to your destination.
9. Now close the disk utility and click on the partition which you created at previous Step.
10. In Customize option select the following patches.
Select Kernels> 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel and the seatbelt kext (further down)
Select Drivers> Ethernet Drivers> Realtek R1000
Select Drivers> Power Management> AppleACPIBatteryManager (chun-nan’s)
Fixes and Patches> PS/2 Device Support> PS/2 Keyboard Fix
Fixes and Patches> AppleSMBIOS Patch> AppleSMBIOSEFI
11. Now your disk will be checked for consistency than installaion begins. It will take 30-45 minute’s as your hardware. For Post Installation fixes check here.