iPod shuffle is the world’s smallest music player. But size doesn’t means limitation of feature “ Big things comes in small packages “. VoiceOver Feature is introduced with iPod Shuffle 3G. VoiceOver makes you the shuffle able to talk with you. VoiceOver tells you song title, artist and playlist names. Say you’re listening to a song and want to know the title or the artist. With the press of a button, VoiceOver tells you—without interrupting your music. How it works, iTunes reads your song information, then uses the new VoiceOver Kit to generate the announcements for the songs, artists, and playlists on your iPod shuffle. Here we have a simple to follow guide to enable VoiceOver for your iPod Shuffle 3G. VoiceOver is available in following languages “ Chinese (Mandarin), Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish. “
1. VoiceOver can be enabled when you initially set up your iPod in iTunes. When you plugged iPod very first time you can check the box “ Enable VoiceOver “ . If you forgot to do it initially you can enable it later also check step 2.
2. Browse Summary Tab while ipod shuffle is plugged in, in option menu check the Enable “ VoiceOver “ feature as shown in figure below..
3. When you select the option to enable VoiceOver in the iPod Setup Assistant or in the Summary tab, you will be guided through the process of installing the VoiceOver Kit. Review the steps below to learn more about this process.
- After selecting the VoiceOver option, click Done in the iPod Setup Assistant or Apply in the Summary tab.
- You will be prompted to review information about VoiceOver. Click Next.
- In Mac OS X, you will be prompted for an administrator username and password (or just a password if you are already logged in as an administrator).
- In Windows Vista, you will be prompted to authorize the installation of “iPod Speech Support” with a prompt to Cancel or Allow (if you are using an account with administrative privileges), or to enter the password for a selected administrative account (if you are using a Limited user account).
- In Windows XP, you will be prompted to enter the username and password for an account with administrative privileges if you are using a Limited user account. If you are already logged in with an administrator account, then there is no additional prompt).
After the VoiceOver Kit is installed, iTunes will generate VoiceOver messages that will be synced to iPod shuffle