How to Change Microsoft Office 2007 Product License Key or Volume License Key (VLK)
Some time you need to have change the existing key for Microsoft Office like “ When Office 2007 was RTM’ed and downloadable on MSDN I used Office Professional 2007. For my new course, SharePoint BI, which I’m writing at the moment I needed InfoPath as well. With InfoPath I can easily create forms and publish those on SharePoint. Nevertheless InfoPath is only available in Office Professional Plus 2007 or Office Enterprise 2007. So I downloaded Office Professional Plus 2007, because the other options in the Enterprise version I don’t need at all. When I installed the product, I totally forgot to obtain a new Product Key. I thought I could use my current Product Key. And as expected the key was accepted during the install phase, but when I tried to activate my product with MS it complained the Product Key isn’t usable. This gave me a situation where I needed to reenter a new obtained Product Key, but it’s not possible in Add/Remove Programs control panel.”
In this type of cases follow the tutorial below and reinstall your Office key.
The following steps involve modification of registry key values, which may corrupt your Windows if done incorrectly. Backup registry first before performing the workaround.
- First of all close all running Microsoft Office Applications.
- Fire the Start button, then click on Run or pres both Windows key + R to enter in to Run mode.
- Type “regedit” (without quotes) in the Run text box, and click OK or press Enter.
- Now you will be in registry editor, Locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software >> Microsoft >> Office >> 12.0 >> Registration
Inside, you will find another subkey that resembles the following subkey:
- Recomendation : Backup this registry branch by exporting the Registration subkey to a file, In case of any failure you can restore it again by exporting the registry, right click on the Registration subkey and click on Export, and follow the on-screen prompt to enter a file name for the registry file and choose a location to store it.
- Under the Registration subkey, there may be several Globally Unique Identifiers (GUID) subkey that contain a combination of alphanumeric characters. Each GUID is specific to a program that is installed on your computer.If you find additional subkeys that reference Microsoft 12.0 registration, then click and open each GUID subkey to view and identify the Office product version by the ProductName registry entry in the right pane. For example:
- After you find the GUID subkey that contains your Office product or program which you want to remove the existing product license key or registration details, delete the following registry entries by right clicking on the registry entry in the GUID subkey, click Delete, and then click Yes: Do the same for following GUID subkeys• DigitalProductID
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Run or open an Office application program, such as Microsoft Word or Excel or Outlook. Office 2007 will prompt you to enter a new 25-character product key.
- Type in the valid and genuine product key, and then click Continue.
It may take one minute to Digg the story please consider.